Sunday, May 27, 2012

Upcoming surgery cookathon hopeful

I'm having surgery number 3 in two days.  So I need to do some cooking for the week.  I'm thinking of spanikopita and the chicken pot pie thingies.  And some cupcakes.  For all I know, I will have no appetite.  But also knowing me, the appetite I will have will be for cake.

This surgery is much less than the last one.  They gave me some bone growth enhancing med to make the fusion work and my body built a bone spur (osteophyte) on my nerve root.  So the doc is going in with a laser to remove all the weird bony growths in there.  I am so hopeful that this could be the end of 5 years of pain, but it is scary.  Yesterday I cried and cried (which was good - it had to come out) - letting myself feel the fear of what if it doesn't work.  This time I will be more on the ball about recognizing any post surgery things as MS flare ups (that's indeed what the esophagus thing was).

I feel a strong urge to clean my house too but that probably isn't the best idea.

More later with cooking I hope.  If not, bring me cupcakes this week, ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment